Yesterday I had the honor of speaking for Intel Corporation’s “Women in IT” event in New York City, presenting the final session keynote on “Building Personal Brand and Eminence.”
Always a joy rubbing shoulders with such talented women from many companies. Here were some notable nuggets shared by the panel that preceded lunch, perhaps not brand new but certainly worth remembering:
- Believe in yourself
- Ask for what you need to be successful
- Don’t let others define what’s right and wrong for you
- Think about what you want vs what you don’t want
- Don’t be ashamed to self market
- Take risks, realizing the risks aren’t as big as you think they are
- Be authentic
I never take for granted the privilege of meeting savvy women who want to grow and develop, at work and beyond!
Intel’s Debbie Doran is a new friend and made this event such a success!
Beautiful flowers on the book signing table
My kind of art hanging in the hotel lobby (Hotel Affinia on 7th