Shareen Vintage is one my top go-to shopping spots in NYC. Nestled in a charming brownstone in the heart of Chelsea, the rooms are lined with racks of treasures, many slightly modernized for the today-girl-vibe.
I’ve purchased numerous dresses — for work, casual outings, dress-up, most for about $45 each, which is a steal anywhere, especially in New York.
Founder, Shareen Mitchell, writes an entertaining newsletter and I enjoy her personal words of wisdom. She’s quite a character with a deep soul. A recent one was especially good so I’m sharing it here. There have been many junctures in life when these rules would’ve helped a whole lot. Thank you Shareen, I’ll be back to your wonderful store soon…
(courtesy Shareen Vintage Newsletter)
Rules on change:
2. Talk to everyone you know and everyone you don’t about what it is you want to change,
or how it is you want to grow.
3. Follow the advice given.
4. Say yes to every opportunity offered you even if you don’t see the connection.
5. Be curious always about the connectivity of all things.
6. Whenever or wherever you find yourself confused exercise steps number one and two.
7. Hold YES in your heart, and keep all that say NO away from that dear space.